My name is Jonathan and I am the Welfare officer at the UCSA. I am currently studying a Bachelor of Politics and International Relations and a Bachelor of Applied Economics at the University of Canberra. As your Student Welfare Officer for 2014, I am very excited to meet and represent as many students as possible. Student representation is a very important matter to me and I will work hard and fair to make sure your voices are heard.
Here are a few things that I can help with and what you can come see me about in 2014:
- Student rights, if you have been unfairly treated in the office or university environment.
- Issues with welfare around UC, be it mental, physical or spiritual.
- Creating partnerships with valuable organisations that can support and aid student welfare, especially in mental health.
- Introducing social welfare campaigns that are beneficial and enjoyable for students.
- Representing students’ academic and social rights in the university environment.
- Any feedback or suggestions for social events at UC, which will promote and assist student welfare.
I look forward to meeting with as many of you as possible, please feel free to contact me or stop me for a chat if you see me around UC. The UCSA is here for you, and will always work in the best interests of UC students.
Jonathan Peter – Welfare Officer
0424 146 512